At Mallinckrodt, Inclusion and Diversity (I&D) is a core strength of our organization and we are routinely recognized nationally as a leader in this discipline. By lifting up diverse voices, we help assure that we have the strongest team possible to help the patient populations that we serve. Amongst our I&D council, the Women in Business (WIB) business resource group has been one of the more highly active in 2019 in bringing our principles of I&D to life.
WIB has provided both internal and external views on how to develop one’s Career and Leadership journey, by utilizing female leaders in and out of the company to share the challenges they faced and how others in the company can achieve their own professional success. To date, WIB has had two special guests visit us at our Bedminster, NJ office, as well as hosting ongoing presentations highlighting the lives and career paths of our internal senior leaders.
- External Speaker Event Series – During the course of this year, WIB have invited inspiring guests to speak to the entire organization, most recently Kelly J. Watson, who discussed “Keys to Driving Performance and Career Success”.
- Career Journey Spotlights – In this ongoing speaker series, these presentations have been highlighting the career path of members of MNK’s Senior Leadership Council, with networking receptions following the event. Spotlight presentations have included the following senior female leaders:
- Janice Johnston, Vice President and Chief Procurement Officer
- Elissa Cote Senior Vice President, Global Alliance Management and Strategic Programs
- Michele Paquette Vice President, Neurology Marketing
- Johanna Rossell Vice President, Launch Excellence and Readiness
- Michele Robertson Senior Vice President and Chief Compliance Officer
- Dagmar Rosa-Bjorkeson Executive Vice President and Chief Strategy and Corporate Development Officer
The WIB Leadership team is excited to continue to build upon the strong engagement from employees and senior leaders to lift up the talent in our company.